Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown



In my previous post, I mentioned my son helped me with organizing my sewing room. Background: previous sewing room was upstairs; waaay too small. Everything got packed up and moved downstairs. Now, I am attempting to unpack and organize. After feeling overwhelmed by all the boxes and tubs, I decided this week to separate the boxes of fabric & put them in one area of the room. The other boxes, full of "stuff"--most of which I hope to sell/donate. 


 As we sorted...I found THE PURPLE  TUB!



 I instructed my son...keep that one out!! "What is in it" he inquires. "Oh, something wonderful!" I lift the lid off the tub to reveal...20 years of small scraps!! He looked at the tub. He looked at me. It was apparent he was incredulous. "I can't believe you kept all this." There might have been a note of disgust in his voice, like he might be the child of a hoarder.  But I was not to be dissuaded! I ran my fingers eagerly through the multi-hued scraps. "Look at these! There is enough scraps here to make 2 or 3 string quilts."  "Really?" Now he appears skeptical.  "Yes! Yes! " I tell him. "Don't you believe me? How about I make you a string quilt from these scraps?" 


So, the gauntlet has been thrown.  I have been challenged to make a string quilt for Jon solely from the scraps in my Purple Bin. 


Challenge accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!