Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Strings


 
 


Spring has returned to Nebraska! After a brief period of cold weather...the sun has returned! 

Ahh...Dandelions & violets...a sure sign of spring! 


During the gloomy weather,  I  played with springy fabric and made string blocks. I used Karen's method over at  Hazel Dell Quits.




 Then, after making this. I thought, what would happen if I cut the blocks in fourths--ala "disappearing 9 patch."? Guess what? You just end up with smaller string blocks!!  But, that did make me decide to start a mug rug.  So I continued making large string blocks and cutting them into smaller blocks. 



Now, how to finish it off? Any suggestions? Ideas? 











And finally, I have  been doing some English paper piecing. I started piecing these blocks several years ago and have decided to try to finish one block a week. If I finish more than that, great...if not...at least I will eventually have a quilt top!! This is the block I finished this week. 
The center block has a cricket playing pool. The surrounding blocks are an audience of  red  chickens watching him!

Over the last week, I have gotten some sewing done, and believe or not...some work in my sewing room. But--I am going to keep you in suspense about what. I took some "before" pictures. I hope I am brave enough to show them. But, I have almost completed one small corner of my room. Unfortunately, not a section where I would actually be sew, so my machine is still set up on the kitchen table!
Happy Quilting to all my friends!
Deb
The Cluttered Quilter, Who Continues to be Busy As A Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!