Monday, January 31, 2011

Sadie, My Little Friend

Hello! 


I have a friend to introduce to you. This is my friend, Sadie. I got her for Christmas. She is a Clutter Bug, who is also a timer. Time can actually be a friend to those of us with clutter problems. I look around my quilt room. I throw up my hands--"alas, alack, how can I EVER overcome this mess?" Sadie comes to my rescue!! Sadie helps me break my cleaning episodes into small, manageable chunks. By just working 15 or 20 minutes each day, I can conquer Mount Stashmore. 
Mount Stashmore 
 I learned this ethic from FlyladyFlylady taught me the foundation of all I know about decluttering. One of those tenants is "how does one eat an elephant? One bite at a time." So, earlier this week I attempted to take a bite at my sewing room. I have a small closet which is full of boxes. I no longer remember what is in most of the boxes. Some of the things were treasures--quilt blocks from my mother:


1 of 30 Overall Sam blocks made by my mother,   Marie Rold


unquilted antique quilt tops; and several almost completed quilt projects. 


I was able to condense. I was able to throw away. And, I was able to talk my husband into selling our old Brother Word Processor. Pretty good for 30 minutes of work with Sadie! 2 shelves cleared. 2 more to go.


I think with my Clutter Bug, Sadie, at my side, I can create a beautiful, peaceful place to sew and quilt. I can hardly wait!! 


Until next time, 
Keep decluttering a bug bite at a time, and don't forget to take some time to sew and create!

Deb    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!