Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween

Linus: Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He's gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see. 

I know, I know...it's been weeks and weeks...but, it seems my life has become so much more complicated since I started back to work full time. I have been steadily decluttering. Still more the "tortoise" than the "hare" in my decluttering race, but I hope that means the changes will be lasting!! I have found a new blog to share with my followers who also are struggling with clutter issues. It is called 365 Less Things. I love it! She is focusing on reducing by getting rid of one item a day, but also by not bringing new items into her home. Using what she has. They aren't new concepts, but they are ones I think our materialistic society has lost touch with. I have lost touch of. My mother was a child of the depression. I grew up with a "use it up, wear it out or do with out" mentality. I think that mentality mixed with all the STUFF that modern life brings has left me with way too much clutter. Stuff comes in...it doesn't go out because I just might "need" it "someday." I've had to relearn to be selective about what I choose to bring into my home. And for those things I already have, decide "is this worth saving or will it be better sent out into the universe to be used by someone else?" Check out her blog, I think you will find her refreshing! 

And, since it is Halloween...AND the weekend...I HAD to bring you some smiles. You know you been missin' them!! 


Gosh, I've been doing this years, haven't you?!! 

Okay, this is not a political statement...it just made me laugh!! 


This is me, every fall as soon as football season starts....

This quote is from Roald Dahl. I love it.  

So my friends, have good thoughts and become lovely!  
Deb, still decluttering....slowly but surely! 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the giggles. I think I need to visit that blog after taking 4 bins out of my sewing room to clean up for the Halloween party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept checking (almost daily) hoping to see pix from your retreat. When you didn't appear, I started to get worried about you. So glad to see you back!
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see us both back again, Deb!! Missed ya!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making me smile this morning and I always look forward to Linus on Halloween and Charlie Brown at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts!