Friday, July 1, 2011

Independence Day!





For those of us in the U.S of A., we are preparing to celebrate a long July 4th weekend; Independence Day. For me, after tomorrow, I will be independent of my garage sale. I like to go to garage sales. I do not like to have garage sales. I would much rather pack up my unneeded objects and send them to a charity.  But this spring, since I am unemployed and have time, I  opened my stupid mouth and said "let's have a garage sale and make some money!"  UGH.  My apologies to Scarlett O'Hara,:  
With God as my witness, I shall never have another garage sale again! 
So for me...this weekend represents not only Independence Day for my country...but on a personal level,  Independence Day from my garage sale!! My  mind has been racing with all the projects it wants to work on!! Including attacking my sewing room. So look  forward to actual documentation of my decluttering efforts. Next week is THE week!! 


I haven't shared my new patterns I got last weekend at the Omaha Quilt Show.  The first is from Bird Brain Designs . This site also falls in the "naughty" site...it  has many cute designs and many FREE embroidery designs. I really, really like and foresee myself going back again and again and again.  
Garden Sampler Green Work
 I actually got 2 of them. One for me...and one for a friend who loves to embroider.  For her birthday, I am going to make her a "kit" of pattern, fabric and yarn. I don't think she reads my blog...so I think I'm safe!! 
The other pattern is from Primitive Gatherings . It is called "Itty Bitty Primitive Pinwheels."  Isn't it cute? By the way, their site is also very naughty!! I wanted one of everything there!!


Close Up 
I have done this pattern in a class, but it was much larger.  Here is the larger version I made in the class many moons ago...
And I will leave you with one last picture: 
I love the USA!  
Still putting the pieces together...
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!