Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Flower Wednesday...Summer Style



Despite all the rain and flooding effecting Omaha/Southeast Nebraska and Southwest Iowa, the flowers keep blooming! Since I have been inside with all the rain, I have been busy working on my fabric flower garden.


I have sewn the six whole hexagons together.








I have sewn half' hexagons to fill out the rows. They look like little smiles!






To make a complete 24 inch block, I will need a total of 12 whole hexagon flowers and 4 half hexagons. If I made the sashing about 2.5 inches, then 4 blocks would be a big wall hanging or small quilt. I may go for 9 blocks. That would make it about 79.5 inches square.

Ahh...an 80 inch square fabric flower garden!! Weed free? We shall see, she giggles wickedly...knowing that in her stash she has some lovely fabric with dandelions on it!!

My friend Zippy says that sound like a plan!!
Have a fabulous week! Don't forget to check Karen's site at Journey of a Quilter  for more One Flower Wednesday postings!

Piece Be With You!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!